Media's Influence On My Life

Growing up in a generation that relies on media, I can say that most of my life has been influenced by different types of media. Although I do not have some of the most popular forms of social media, I am still greatly impacted by other types of media around me. I cannot get through a single day of my life without being exposed to some sort of media. Even the social media that I don't have still seems to find a way into my life. For awhile I didn't realize that the term media referred to so many things, from platforms like Instagram to ads on benches. There are so many things that fall under the word media, that it would almost be impossible to not be exposed to it.
Image result for social media
The most important source of media in my life is my phone because not only does it allow me to keep in touch with my friends, but it also allows me to see what other people are doing in the world and what big events are occurring somewhere else. Before the phone, or even newspapers, people wouldn't know what was going on in a different part of the country or world for possibly weeks. Now, we can find out about an event almost at the same time that it is occurring.

Although media might have a bad rap because it has the power to influence, this power can also be used for good. It has allowed me to make more informed decisions about the world around me and feel connected to the people around me. I do believe that media has taken over our lives and that it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to take it out of our lives, however, I think it has made a good addition.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Representation: Women in Politics

Matthew Boling breaks the 100 meter-dash high school record

End Game Spoilers?